My name is Doha Shawki. With more than 18 years of working experience, I have excellent ability in helping organizations achieve their goals. My specialty is analyzing and pinpointing areas that need improvement and working on them to achieve success. Also devising the right workflows and business processes to achieve company goals is something that I excel at.
I acquired both my bachelor and masters degrees in computer science from the American University in Cairo. And acquired my MBA from The University of Wales, England. I started my career as a software developer and then gradually earned my way up the hierarchy until I reached the position of Organization Development Manager. Throughout my career I managed several projects to success and was able to tackle and resolve several issues. Currently I work as Organization Development Consultant.
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Very good communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Ability to manage teams to success.
- Ability to manage projects to success.
- Ability to turn problematic projects into a success.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent documentation and business writing skills.
- Current: CEO – MobiAiD
July 2008 – August 2013: Organization Development Director at Datum International Data Systems.
From February 2007 – July 2008: Assistant Lecturer at the British University in Egypt.
- From September 2004 until March 2006: Organization Development Manager at LINKdotNET. The duties of the job were:
- Assessing the firm’s abilities compared to the required standards.
- Providing recommendations on areas of improvement.
- Formalizing the recommendations into tangible projects.
- Implementing the selected Projects and acting as a project manager.
- Measuring the success of the open or closed Projects
- Establishing measurable techniques to track performance of the different functions.
- Formulating the different strategies and find means to define how to measure the company’s performance in relation with these set strategies.
- From April 2004 until September 2004: Projects Manager at GNS Egypt. Managing all projects developed by the company from analysis until deployment on customer site. Projects implemented are Web sites, e-learning systems and Mobility Solutions. I was also responsible of preparing proposals and conducting presales activities.
- From February 1998 until December 2003: Worked as the Division Director of the Handheld and BarCoding solutions division at Datum International Data Systems. Started as an application developer then was promoted to Senior Software Engineer then to technical manager and finally Division Director.
- August 1995 till the end of January 1996: Worked as an application developer at Intercom Enterprises. During this period I worked as a developer using SQLBase and GUPTA SQLwindows under Windows which is a 4GL object oriented tool.
- August 1996 to 15th of September 1996: Worked as a part-time designer at Intercom Enterprises Where I designed a General Ledger Subsystem using Select OMT and Oracle 7 for the database design.
- September 1995 until April 1998: Worked as a teaching assistant at the American University in Cairo. The duties of the job were: Help explain the material, make practical lab tutorials, Help the students in tracing and debugging their assignments, correct the assignments and prepare spreadsheets of grades.
Acquired a certificate in management information systems (MIS) from the American University in Cairo, IMD department
Acquired a certificate in business finance from Knowledge Academy
Acquired a certificate in Project Management from Knowledge Academy
Received an introductory workshop on Project Management at the British Council
Received an introductory workshop on Marketing at the British Council
Analyzed, Designed, implemented & offered training and technical support for several warehousing, asset tracking, Van Sales and production line control applications using handheld computers and Zebra thermal transfer printers
Implemented, controlled and supervised both pre-registration and on-site registration of Comdex’98 and Comdex’99 Exhibitions Managed several projects from analysis to implementation and training