I came across the following quiz over the net that tests your managerial skills.
by Bob Nelsonwww.ivillage.com
1. Do you personally thank employees for doing a good job – one on one, in writing, or both?
2. Are you willing to take time to meet with and listen to your employees?
3. Do you provide specific feedback about your employees’ performance?
4. Do you strive to create a work environment that is open, trusting and fun?
5. Do you provide your employees with information on the upcoming products and strategies, how the company makes and loses money and how each employee fits in to the overall plan?
6. Do you involve employees in decisions, especially decisions that affect them?
7. Do you encourage employees to have a sense of ownership in their work and their work environment?
8. Do you create partnerships with your employees by giving them a chance to grow and learn new skills?
9. Do you celebrate the successes of the company, the department and the individuals in it?
10. Do you use performance as the basis for recognizing, rewarding and promoting your employees?
After you answer all the questions above scroll down to know how good you are…..
DO NOT CHEAT
If you answer “No” to more than 3 questions, then you are not a good manager. You have to improve the way you work with and manage your employees.